We currently provide several curated images for use with the STFC Cloud.
These are images which have been preconfigured to meet our Terms Of Service by having automatic updates enabled and reporting in to various monitoring systems.
We currently provide 2 operating systems Scientific Linux (a RedHat derivative) and Ubuntu
We aim to produce new versions of each image at least monthly with the previous version being renamed and deactivated.
The Images we provide are:
- ScientificLinux-7-AQ (scientificlinux-7-aq)
- ScientificLinux-7-Gui (scientificlinux-7-gui)
- ScientificLinux-7-NoGui (scientificlinux-7-nogui)
- Ubuntu-Bionic-Gui (ubuntu-bionic-18.04-gui)
- Ubuntu-Bionic-NoGui (ubuntu-bionic-18.04-nogui)
- fedora-coreos-latest ( a container first OS used for Magnum cluster )
We provide 3 different variants of images:
- Gui - Includes a preinstalled desktop environment
- NoGui - A minimal install
- AQ - A minimal install bootstrapped into the Aquilon configuration management system (Only available to Aquilon users within STFC)
Additional Operating systems¶
We currently only offer the above operating systems as there is an overhead to providing the curated images although we are currently working on the provision of CentOS images.
We do allow users to upload their own images although it is then the users’ responsibility to ensure any VMs created with these comply with our Terms Of Service. Any non compliant VMs will be deleted.